Our collaborator is a School and College that provides education and care for physically disabled children and young adults between the age of 2 -24.
Enabling Education is their main aim and this is achieved through a combination of Teaching, Care, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech, and Language Therapy.
They are currently looking for students who would like to enroll in their program and participate for a period of 6-11 months.
Holybourne near Alton, Hampshire, UK.
The location of this institution is a lovely countryside town with 20.000 inhabitants. It has historical buildings, modern shops, and quite well-known markets. It is a wonderful place and has quite nearby London, Brighton and other important cities (not possible to go and come back every day)
Education and Care
· Preparation of materials for all lessons and clearing up afterward e.g. photocopying, laminating, assisting with classroom displays and preparing teaching materials
· Helping “set up” students with a range of computer equipment
· Assisting with therapy programs.
· Working alongside the therapists to encourage students to effectively access the whole curriculum
·Guiding students in carrying out the work set by the teacher (this may be as the person in charge of a small group with no teacher present)
·Helping with maintenance of teaching aids and equipment in classrooms
·Support teachers/tutors in maintaining good records of student progress
Care Support Duties
· To help implement all aspects of individual care plans, including the administering of drugs and medication, in line with required Trust policy and procedure
·To encourage the students to do as much as possible for themselves by guiding them and showing them what to do when necessary
·Helping students in all aspects of daily living including washing, dressing, bathing, showering and after toilet hygiene
·Implement the individual Young Persons Plans
·Assist students with their nutritional requirements, e.g. serving meals, assisting with feeding, preparing drinks, meals, and snacks
·Assisting in changing students and participating in PE and Swimming. (Personal circumstances will be considered)
·To assist students to achieve their goals
·To keep robust records in line with regulatory requirements
We will provide training and this will provided and paid for by the organization.
Intermediate level of spoken and written English is essential.
Studies related to the position
Duration 6-9 months
The school is closed in August.
Net pay will be approximately £1,185 per month.
· The organization will assist with subsidized accommodation
· Accommodation on site will be “student halls” type accommodation with shared common room or bedsit/shared flat. Rates will be £299 per month to include all services.
· If accommodation is not available on site, they will assist you in finding accommodation in the local area. This may be a room in a shared house or shared flat in the local area. The company will subsidize this accommodation providing £100 per month subsidy.
·Candidates requiring accommodation will need to state if they are allergic to or have issues with domestic pets e.g. dogs, cats, rabbits etc.
Flights & Airport Transfer
Successful candidates are reimbursed for the cost of their flights which they can claim back after 6 months. They must provide receipts of their travel costs and can make a travel expenses claim up to a maximum of £200. Airport transfer.
To apply for this job please visit forms.zohopublic.com.